Good Photographers want everyone to feel excited for their Pre-Wedding photos! We have gathered some tips to assure that you feel comfortable and arrive ready to get some great shots with your fiance.
What to Wear
- Wear something that helps enhance your best features! The focus should be about you, so you don’t want to wear anything that is too distracting.
- Make this photo shoot special ! You want to feel comfortable, so choose an outfit/ outfits that fit your personality.
- Spice it up! These professional photos may very well be the last before your wedding day, so make them count by wearing statement pieces or sentimental accessories.
- Make sure your outfits match the style of the location you’ve chosen for your shoot.
- Coordinating outfits are great, however avoid getting too matchy.
- Hint: complement each other with accessories or similar colour palette
- Remember to think about your shoot location when picking colours for outfits
- Too much white can wash you out
- Too much black could cause a silhouette effect
- Clean lines look really good–avoid bulky clothes
- Avoid busy prints, big logos or shiny fabrics
- Bring an emergency layer (a nice cardigan/jacket) in case the weather isn’t as nice as you’d like it to be!
- Don’t emphasise on changing too many outfits, it is you and the chemistry between both that really matters, this will waste your as well as your photographer’s precious time which could be utilized for capturing more moments.
Tips for Great Photos
- Get as close to your fiancé as you can, without squishing cheek! Squished faces don’t look good on anybody
- Focus on each other and your love!
- If you are both present, your love will shine through your photos!
- Practice fake laughing (tried and proven method!)
- This helps for those that are ‘camera shy’
- It will start as a fake laugh, but we guarantee it will quickly turn into a real smile/laugh which will in turn make your partner naturally smile!
- Practice any shots you may want at home
- This can include some formal shots, lifts or dips
- Take note of posture and practice what to do with awkward hands prior to your shoot
- Don’t emphasise much on poses, it should be more spontaneous, the love and compatibility should reflect in the pictures.
Most importantly, HAVE FUN! The idea of this Pre-Wedding session is to capture moments that display your love for each other! Whether you use these photos to share with family, save the dates, invitations or other purposes, they will create lovely memories to look back on and serve as a bonus practice shoot before your wedding!